Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Stefanie!

Today is one of my best friend's birthday. Of all people, I just have to make something special for Stefanie! Stef's gotta a thing for frogs, last time I checked, anyways...so I made a made a frog and lily pad themed cake for her.

For a birthday present, I whipped up one of my tote bags, but I decided to try something a little different on this one. I'm not sure if you can tell from the pics but this one is almost 1/2 the size bigger than the original...almost the size of an overnight bag. Stef also has these cute butterfly tattoos on her wrists that partially inspired me for this purse (check out the liner).
And you can't give a birthday present without giving a birthday card...well you can, but where's the fun in that? Especially if you enjoy making the cards yourself, like I do! I topped off the ensemble with this stary card.

Happy Birthday, Sweets! hope it was as special as you are to me!

3 comments:

  1. OOOhh my goodness - what a bag! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really, really getting good at that cake decorating stuff!! I am impressed!

    If Steph doesn't love the cake, the bag and the card well, just bop her over the head with the bag and run over here with that cake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is singly the awesomest cake that has ever existed. If anyone had given me that cake for a birthday, I would have died of awesomeness overload. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, leave a comment here!