Monday, August 10, 2009

Polka Dot Tiered Cake and decorations

One of my niece's, Gabbie, first birthday was on July 29th and the theme was polka dots, polka dots, and more polka dots.

This is my first tiered cake! I can't believe how easy it was to do, I was so nervous, though. He he. This cake's three tiers measured (from bottom up), 10"x3", 8"x3", and 6"x3". Polka dot ribbon was wrapped around the bottoms of each tier and then used as a bow topper for the top of the cake. The cake is covered in marshmellow fondant with fondant polka dots. The cake itself was Rainbow Chip Cake so when you cut it, there were more polka dots! Well kinda.
But the polka dots didn't stop there...no way. Using my wonderful Cricut, we cut out a few hundred circles and put them up all over the living room and dining room for the decorations. This is something I highly recomment for a party when funds are tight. It made such an awesome impact with minimum costs. The party was a success. Happy Birthday my little Sweet Pea!

3 comments:

  1. STUNNING cake. Good job! And the polka dot wall decorations are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i luv polka dots they're awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I JUST SOOO MUCH LOVE POLKA DOTS MY ROOM IS FULL OF DEM

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, leave a comment here!